The Camping and Caravanning season at Currypool Mill opens on Good Friday (Easter) and closes in October. (During the peak Summer season there is a four night minimum booking). If you wish to stay with us outside this season please take a look at our self catering accommodation .
- Washing up room operated by 20p coins (unfortunately this small charge is to prevent large quantities of hot water being taken away for other purposes).
- Laundry facilities - including washing machine and tumble dryer
- Toilet and shower block contains separate male and female facilities. There is also one accessible wet room and toilet facility which can also be used as a family room. Free hot showers throughout.
- Site shop - sells local produce including our own bottled pure apple juice, cider vinegars and preserves - a perfect gift to take home or reminder of your holiday, also local ice cream made by Blackmore farm and other essential items that you may have forgotten to bring with you. During peak season we can provide fresh bread items on order. (Shop opening times vary throughout the season - please ask for details on arrival).
- Play and recreation areas: include a 9 hole putting course, a small boating pond, football field and small play park, streams run throughout the property (not fenced off) and offer the opportunity for children to paddle and discover the wildlife living in them! (Children must be supervised by their parent/guardian closely at all times)
Site Information and Rules
- We operate a 'cut off' point for noise between the hours of 11.00 p.m. and 8.00 a.m. but as a 'quiet peaceful' site we ask that there is no excessively loud noise at any time.This does not include normal family noise which always adds to the happy atmosphere.
- Smokers are asked not to drop cigarette ends where small children can pick them up, please dispose of them safely.
- We have a restriction on commercial vehicles. These are only permitted with prior telephone or email permission. Maximum one per unit.
- If you are using a chemical toilet please only use the Green or organic toilet chemicals (these are sold in the site shop). As we are situated in a rural location we have to use a septic tank. Blue chemicals contains formaldehyde which prevents the organic breakdown in the septic tank.
- Maximum electric load available on hook up points is 10 amps.
- Breathable ground sheets only in awnings (tents excepted)
- The site office and shop is closed on Sundays, if you are arriving or leaving on a Sunday in low season please check times with the office in order for the security barriers to be opened for you.
Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the main site, they must not be allowed to foul the site areas. There are large areas away from the main site available for off lead dog walking and a stream where they can paddle. Owners must clean up after their dogs, a bin is provided by the donkey stable.
The main attraction of Currypool Mill are our resident Donkeys. They are always happy to be petted (although we ask that people do not feed them) hand washing is always recommended after being with any animal.
More About Currypool Mill:
Currypool Mill is an ancient water mill, as part of its ongoing restoration a new water wheel has been installed into the original wheel pit along with a generator to produce electricity for the mill building, Log cabin and the national grid.