The Camping and Caravanning season at Currypool Mill opens on Good Friday (Easter) and closes in October. (During the peak Summer season there is a four night minimum booking). If you wish to stay with us outside this season please take a look at our self catering accommodation .
- Washing up room operated by 20p coins (unfortunately this small charge is to prevent large quantities of hot water being taken away for other purposes).
- Laundry facilities - including washing machine and tumble dryer, coin operated
- Toilet and shower block contains separate male and female facilities. There is also one disabled wet room and toilet facility which can also be used as a family room (key for this available in reception £5 deposit) Free hot showers throughout.
- Recycling of waste With high commercial waste disposal costs we ask that rubbish is sorted into the labelled re-cycling bins provided. We pride ourselves on being an eco friendly site.
- Reception - Stocks local produce including our own bottled pure apple juice, cider vinegar and preserves - a perfect gift to take home or reminder of your holiday, also ice cream & sweets plus Caravan toilet chemicals for top and base tank (very competitive prices).
- Play and recreation areas: include a 9 hole putting course, a small boating pond, football field and small play park. Streams run throughout the property (not fenced off). A great opportunity for children to discover the wildlife living in the grounds and the water! (Children must be supervised by their parent/guardian closely at all times).
Site Information and Rules
- We operate a 'cut off' point for noise between the hours of 11.00 p.m. and 8.00 a.m. but as a 'quiet peaceful' site we ask that there is no excessively loud noise at any time.This does not include normal family noise which always adds to the happy atmosphere.
- Smokers are asked not to drop cigarette ends where small children can pick them up, please dispose of them safely.
- We have a restriction on commercial vehicles. These are only permitted with prior telephone or email permission. Maximum one per unit.
- If you are using a chemical toilet please only use the Green or organic toilet chemicals (these are sold in the site reception). As we are situated in a rural location we have to use a septic tank. Blue chemicals contains formaldehyde which prevents the organic breakdown in the septic tank.
- Maximum electric load available on hook up points is 10 amps.
- Breathable ground sheets only in awnings (tents excepted)
- The site office is closed on Sundays, if you are arriving or leaving on a Sunday in low season please check times with the office in order for the security barriers to be opened for you.
Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the main site, they must not be allowed to foul the site areas. There are large areas away from the main site available for off lead dog walking and a stream where they can paddle. Owners must clean up after their dogs, a bin is provided by the donkey stable.
One of the main attractions of Currypool Mill are our resident Donkeys. They are always happy to be petted (although we ask that people do not feed them) hand washing is always recommended after being with any animal.
More About Currypool Mill:
Currypool Mill is an ancient Water Mill with a listing in the Domesday book, as part of its ongoing restoration a waterwheel has been re-installed into the original wheel pit, along with a generator this produces electricity which supplies the Mill and Log cabin, any excess is fed to the national grid. We are pleased to announce that we now have solar panels fitted to the roof of the shower block.